This exclusive 8-day, 7-night in-country photography workshop and luxury experience will take us to Split, Hvar, and Dubrovnik from May 20-27, 2023.
Learn how to improve your travel photography as we experience the cultures and traditions of visually-stunning Croatia by land and sea. Join our intimate small group photo workshops in some of the world's most exciting destinations led by a world renowned travel photographer.
Take your visual storytelling to the next level.
Only eight (8) spots
I will be taking only 8 participants for dedicated workshops and one-on-one daily photo reviews on location.
Slow food + local gastronomy
From wineries and oyster farms to unique farm-to-table experiences, meeting traditional artisans, and cultural immersion.
Unique luxury experiences
Private yacht and authentic dining experiences. You will also be staying in high end luxurious lodging in your own private rooms.
Your daily itinerary
Here is the high level itinerary of our time together. Our first two mornings will include in-person photography lectures and subsequent days will include daily photo reviews and workshops.
Day 1 (May 20) - Zagreb
Arrival day - Meet your guide and driver at the airport and transfer to hotel. Guided walking tour of Zagreb`s historic center followed by welcome dinner in traditional restaurant. Overnight in Zagreb (D)
Day 2 (May 21) - Zagreb – Plitvice lakes NP – Split
Transfer from Zagreb to Split via Plitvice Lakes National Park. Walking tour of Plitvice Lakes NP followed by traditional lunch. Group dinner in Split. Overnight in Split (B, L, D)
Day 3 (May 22) - Split
Treasures of Split cultural tour. Lunch at a local wine estate. Group dinner. Overnight in Split (B, L, D)
Day 4 (May 23) - Split – Hvar
Public fast ferry from Split to Hvar Town. Hvar sightseeing tour followed by lunch. A unique farm-to-table experience for dinner. Overnight in Hvar (B, L, D)
Day 5 (May 24) - Hvar
The Adriatic dream. Enjoy the freedom of your private yacht that will take you to explore magical Vis and Bisevo Islands and the Pakleni Archipelago. Overnight in Hvar (B, L, D)
Day 6 (May 25) - Hvar – Dubrovnik
Your private transfer to Dubrovnik with a special stop in picturesque Ston for oysters tasting and an intimate island seafood lunch. Dinner in Dubrovnik. Overnight in Dubrovnik (B, L, D)
Day 7 (May 26) - Dubrovnik
Private guided walking tour of Dubrovnik Old Town and city walls. Lunch in the Old Town. Silk workshop and cooking class followed by dinner in Konavle. Overnight in Dubrovnik (B, L, D)
Day 8 (May 27) - Departure (B)
Meet your award-winning instructor
Award-winning author and travel photographer Lola Akinmade has dispatched from 70+ countries for various publications.
She is a 2022 Hasselblad Heroine and 2018 Bill Muster Travel Photographer of the Year.
Her work has appeared in National Geographic, BBC, CNN, The Guardian, Travel + Leisure, New York Times, Travel Channel, Adventure.com, The Sunday Times, AFAR, Lonely Planet, Fodor’s, amongst others. She has collaborated with high profile commercial brands such as Mercedes-Benz, Dove, Intrepid Travel, and Electrolux.
She was featured in a vignette called “Through The Lens” which aired on National Geographic Channels across the globe.
Her photography is in the National Geographic Image Collection
The essentials - What you need to know
Who is this experience for?
- Beginner to intermediate photographers who are ready to improve their travel photography and visual storytelling skills.
- If you're a professional photographer and would like to experience Dalmatia with us, you're also welcome.
What this experience includes:
- Daily one (1) hour workshops and/or photo reviews
- All accommodation in luxury hotels
- Private rooms
- Photography guiding and interpreting service
- Private photographic sessions
- All meals and gastronomy experiences
- Transport in a luxury Mercedes mini van with a driver
- Private yacht for our archipelago tour
- Private tours and local experiences
- Tickets and admission fees for National Park and all the museums and workshops
What is not included:
You are fully responsible for the following:
- Any visas required to visit Croatia
- Travel and health Insurances
- Personal and other expenses such as tips, laundry and bar bills
- Personal equipment
- Optional activity cost
- Excess baggage charges
- Gratuity and tips for your local tour guide and driver
Before you sign up - Please read our terms and conditions
Deposits and Payments: A deposit of 30% per person is required to secure reservation. If canceled 90+ days before the experience, the deposit will be fully refunded. No reservation is considered confirmed until a deposit is received. Final payment must be received no later than 60 days prior to departure date. Payments are accepted by all major credit cards.
Following final payment, a complete set of documents, will be delivered approximately 20 days prior to the trip start date.
Life happens and sometimes cancellations occur. Here is our cancellation policy for this experience:
- 90+ days prior to departure: Full refund.
- 46+ days prior to departure: Non-refundable deposit applied as travel voucher, less incurred fees, valid for 12 months.
- 45 - 31 days prior to departure: 50% of total trip cost
- Within 30 days prior to arrival: 100% of total trip cost
- Refunds will not be made for no-shows, early departures, or unused services.
- Refund requests must be made in writing and are processed within 60 days.
- Cancellation penalties for itineraries including private villas, private yacht charters (single- or multi-day), exclusive room type and/or early booking or promotional rate inclusive itineraries may be subject to alternate change and cancellation policies.
- Agreement to this form includes agreement to additional terms when submitted in writing.
You can always ask more questions using the blue "Contact us" button on the right side of the screen.